The purpose of Black River Area Development Corporation (BRAD) shall be to administer programs to benefit the communities and low to moderate income residents of Clay, Lawrence, and Randolph Counties in Arkansas.
- To work with the three significant groups in the community, that is, the poor public and private sectors, to seek out, identify and eliminate the causes of poverty within the counties.
- To make the communities more responsive to the needs and interests of the poor by mobilizing available resources and bringing about a greater institutional sensitivity.
- To promote self sufficiency and therefore create independent living.
- To plan and develop a system of priorities among projects and activities needed for the most effective and efficient use of resources.
- Executive Director - Jim Jansen ext 232
- Fiscal Officer - Eric Young ext 229
- Fiscal Assistant - Mary Whitlow ext 226
- Receptionist - Billie Dildine ext 221
- Rhonda Ahrent ext 256 - Director, Head Start/Early Head Start
- Amanda Trevillion ext 286- Section 8 Rental
- Jean Oaks ext 285 - Administrative Officer
- Kim Junkersfeld ext 261- Public Transit and Senior Citizens
- Johnni Dean ext 254- Weatherization Program
Board of Directors:
- Darlene Tanner
- Randall Godwin, Vice Chairman
- Brigitte McDonald
- Angela Blankenship
- Donald Gibbs
- Cassandra White
- Vickie Mitchell
- Janice Shanks
- Debi Hart
- Cherie Eveland
- Jack McCord, Chairman
- Diana Dalton
- Pat Johnson
- Carol Phillips
- Omer Lee Rogers
This Agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, or handicap in access to its services or employment. This Agency is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.